All event trophies will be presented at the show or trial involved, and will remain in the possession of the Club.
Challenge trophies will be won outright when the same dog and owner has been awarded the same trophy for three (3) consecutive years. If the recipient decides to keep the trophy in his possession when awarded as above, then it is the responsibility of the recipient to provide a suitable replacement trophy at his/her expense.
It will be responsibility of the GRCC to supply the engraved shield for every trophy awarded. If the shield is not available at the time of presentation, it will be forwarded within a reasonable time, at the Club’s expense.
The following will apply as indicated –
BREED TROPHIES – No breed standard Disqualifying faults.
PERFORMANCE TROPHIES – No breed standard disqualifying faults.
These requirements apply to all trophies. Additional requirements may be necessary for an individual trophy.
1) All applicant and owners/co-owners must be members of the GRCC, in good standing, and points are acknowledged from the date of receipt of membership.
2) Applications for trophies must be made on the form provided by the GRCC. The applicant’s signature verifies that the requirements listed are correct and that the dog has no disqualification to the Breed Standard. This form will be published in a timely manner via Golden Leaves. Disqualification to the Breed Standard are as follows:
- Deviation in height of more than 1 inch (3 cm) from the standard either way. MALE: 23-24 INCHES (58-61 CM) IN HEIGHT AT THE WITHERS FEMALE: 21½ – 22½ INCHES (55-57CM) IN HEIGHT AT THE WITHERS
- Undershot or overshot jaw. This condition not to be confused with misaligned teeth.
- Trichiasis (abnormal position or direction of the eyelashes).
3) Application forms must be submitted to the awards committee chairperson on or before the published deadline date. Any application received after that date will be ineligible.
4) All awards are for Canadian achievements only, and must be verified by results as listed in Dogs in Canada where possible.
5) Achievements must have been made in the specified year period beginning January 1 and ending December 31, except where noted.
6) All obedience scores must be qualifying scores.
7) When applying for trophies requiring hip and/or eye clearances, copies of the clearance must accompany the application. Hip clearances must be from OFA or OVC. The eye clearance must be dated within the specified year period and must be from a board certified ophthalmologist.
1) In the event of a disagreement between the applicant and the committee, it is the applicant’s responsibility to substantiate the results submitted at his/her expense. After such an appeal is heard, then the decision of the awards committee on the matter, will be final.
2) All annual awards trophies will be awarded in as good condition as possible. It is the responsibility of the recipient to return the trophy to the designated person at least four (4) weeks prior to the next annual awards banquet. Trophy recipients will be required to make a $50 deposit and sign an agreement with the GRCC if they wish to retain the trophy in their possession for the year. The GRCC reserves the right to claim from the last listed recipient, the cost of any repairs necessary to restore a trophy returned in damaged condition.
3) The trophy recipient will be responsible for all shipping costs both outgoing and incoming, to the designated person and/or awards banquet site, should the recipient wish to retain the trophy in his/her possession for the year following the awards banquet.
4) A specified date and place for the presentation of the annual awards will be published, in a timely manner, in Golden Leaves.
5) A keeper trophy will be provided by the GRCC if one is not provided by the donor of the annual trophy.