GRCC National Specialty Show & Obedience Trial
THE NAN GORDON MEMORIAL TROPHY
donated by Katherine Gordon
Awarded to the dog who during the National Specialty –
- Obtains a pass in a WC/WCI/WCX or JH/SH/MH and
- Obtains a qualifying score in an official Obedience class and
- Obtains a placement in the Specialty show.
- Puppies are not eligible
- Dog does not have to be owner handled
- Open to all dogs from any country
Points will be awarded for the following achievements, with the highest score winning the trophy.
- Best of Breed 50 points
- Best of Opposite Sex 40 points
- Judge’s Award of Merit 35 points
- Best of Winners 30 points
- Winners 25 points
- Reserve Winners 20 points
- First 10 points
- Second 5 points
- Third 3 points
- Fourth 2 points
- WC 25 points
- WCI 30 points
- WCX 40 points
- Junior Hunter 30 points
- Senior Hunter 40 points
- Master Hunter 50 points
- Count the score
Ties will be broken in the following order –
- Highest obedience score
- Number of dogs defeated in the show
- By the show judge
THE EILEEN BATTLEY HAT TRICK AWARD
The Eileen Battley “Hat Trick” Award offers recognition to all Golden Retrievers that successfully participate in a minimum of three events at a Golden Retriever Club of Canada National Specialty. This is not a competition. Each qualifier, who applies for this award, will receive a certificate to honour their achievement. As well, the qualifying dogs will be announced at the following year’s Annual General Meeting.
This honour will be awarded to the Golden Retrievers who, during the GRCC National Specialty, receives a placement, pass or qualifying score in three events, one of which must be field:
- Field – WC/I/X pass; Hunt Test pass or Field Trial Placement or CM.
- Conformation – Placement in Regular or Altered classes. Placement in Veterans or Field classes; BOB, BOS, Best Puppy, Judge’s Award of Merit.
- Obedience – Qualifying score in a CKC Regular (title eligible) classes only. This includes Veterans jumping at three-quarters of their regular height.
- Agility – Qualifying score in a Regular and Select classes.
- Tracking – Pass – all stakes, including Urban Tracking.
- Rally O – Qualifying score.
The Eileen Battley “Hat Trick” Award application must be received by the Club within 90 days of the final day of all the National Specialty events.
Awarded to the dog or bitch judged Best of Breed. For permanent possession, to be won three (3) times in succession, by the same owner, and the same dog or bitch. In the event that the GRCC ceases to hold a Specialty show, the trophy will revert to the donors.
BEST OPPOSITE SEX
N.C.MACDONALD CHALLENGE TROPHY
donated by Cliff MacDonald
BEST OF OPPOSITE SEX VETERAN
BISS BVISS MBVIS GrCh YBF GOLDENS ONLY ONE “BUCK” MEMORIAL TROPHY
donated by Mary Bluechardt in memory of “Buck”, National Specialty Best in Breed winner.
Awarded to the First place in Unofficial Gun Retriever Class
Awarded to the Best Junior Handler at the GRCC National Specialty.
Awarded to the highest scoring dog in trial at the GRCC National Specialty.
THE CH.CAROLEE’S DEAR WHISKEY, CD MEMORIAL PERPETUAL TROPHY
donated by Shirley Goodman
For the Canadian Show Champion of Record that obtains the highest qualifying score in Novice A or Open A. In case of a tie, a runoff will decide the winner.
GRCC Licensed Field Trial
These trophies are to be awarded at the GRCC annual licensed field trial. All trophies remain in the possession of the Club. These trophies were retired in 2020.
RIM FIRE TROPHY
donated by Bill Leggett
(Day 1) GRCC CHALLENGE TROPHY donated by The Golden Retriever Club of Canada
(Day 2) THE SMIRNOFF TROPHY donated by Gilbey Canada Inc.
MASTER DOG FOOD CHALLENGE TROPHY
donated by Master Dog Food (Maple Leaf Mills)
(Day 1) KIST CHALLENGE TROPHY donated by Mark Saguin
(Day 2) CANADIAN FIELD TRIAL NEWS CHALLENGE TROPHY donated by Canadian Field Trial News
THE CHRISTOPHER BURTON PERPETUAL TROPHY
donated by Christopher Burton
To be awarded to the Top Junior Golden Retriever who is owner handled by a member of the Golden Retriever Club of Canada.