THE J. P. CRAWLEY MEMORIAL TROPHY
ASPEN KENNELS Reg’d
This trophy is for the Champion Golden Retriever who continues to display excellence and outstanding achievement in all fields of competition.
1) Golden must be three years of age or older.
2) Golden must be Canadian owned.
3) Golden must have a show championship and at least two (2) of the following titles – CDX, WC, TD or FTCH. WC can be replaced by having a licensed Field Trial placement or CM (puppy stakes excluded) or Junior, Senior or Master Hunter
4) Goldens must have attained a title or an accomplishment during the specified year period. An accomplishment may be one of the following – a Group placement, a placement or CM in a licensed Field Trial, or a leg toward Master Hunter, or a HIT.
5) Golden must be owner-handled for all titles.
This award will be given to the Golden who has obtained the most titles. In the case of a tie, the Golden who obtained the most accomplishments during the specified year period will be the winner. If an additional tie breaker is necessary, the awards committee will consider the dog’s achievements in obtaining the titles. It is the wish of the donors to not only recognize excellence in an individual dog, but also to recognize the owner of the dog for promoting the breed in its workability, while conscientiously maintaining concern for hereditary problems in the breed.
THE GIBSON MEMORIAL TROPHY
donated in fond memory of
CH. H.G.L’S GOLDEN PINE GIBSON SOLO,Can/Am CD, Can/Am.WC
by Jim and Carol Lee
The Gibson Memorial Trophy is a perpetual trophy offered for versatility in all fields. To apply for this award, the Golden must have obtained at least five (5) championship points. The trophy will be awarded annually to the Golden who attains the most number of points in at least three (3) areas of competition. The points are awarded as per the points system listed below. Dogs who have a hip clearance and an eye clearance then double the number of points achieved.
SHOW CHAMPIONSHIP 3 pts
Pointed to CHAMPIONSHIP (at least 5 points) 1/2 Pt
BEST OF BREED All Breed Show 1 point (maximum of 5 BOB, provided 5 or more dogs competed for BOB)
National Specialty 3 pts
Regional Specialty 2 pts
GROUP PLACEMENT 2 pts(maximum of 5 group placements)
BEST IN SHOW 5 pts (maximum of 5 best in shows)
GRAND CHAMPION EXCELLENT – 5 pts
GRAND CHAMPION – 4 pts
RESERVE BIS – 4 pts
COMPANION DOG (CD) 1 pt
COMPANION DOG EXCELLENT (CDX) 3 pts
UTILITY DOG (UD or OTCH) 5 pts
OTCHX 6 pts
MOTCH 7 pts
GMOTCH 8 pts
HIGH IN TRIAL 3 pts (maximum of 5 High in Trials)
FIRST IN OBEDIENCE CLASS 1 pt (maximum of 5 firsts)
WORKING CERTIFICATE (WC) 2 pts
WORKING CERTIFICATE INTERMEDIATE (WCI) 3 pts
WORKING CERTIFICATE EXCELLENT (WCX) 4 pts
JUNIOR HUNTER (JH) 3 pts
SENIOR HUNTER (SH) 4 pts
MASTER HUNTER (MH) 5 pts
FIRST PLACE IN LICENSED FIELD TRIAL
Open Stake 6 pts
Qualifying Stake 4 pts.
Junior Stake 2 pts
OTHER PLACEMENT OR CM IN LICENSED TRIAL
Open Stake 2 pts
Qualifying Stake 2 pts
Junior Stake 1 pt
TRACKING DOG (TD) 2 pts
TRACKING DOG EXCELLENT (TDX) 4 pts
URBAN TRACKING DOG (UTD) 2 pts
URBAN TRACKING DOG EXCELLENT (UTDX) 4 pts
TRACKING CHAMPION 5 pts
MASTER TRACKING CHAMPION 6 pts
AMT. FIELD TRIAL or FIELD TRIAL
CHAMPION 8 pts
BOTH AMATEUR FIELD TRIAL AND FIELD TRIAL
CHAMPION additional 2 pts
1) A title will be counted for each annual application of the same dog (e.g.- a title obtained in 2007 can be counted in 2020)
2) Placements will only be counted when achieved in the specified year period.
3) Points are awarded for the highest accomplishment only. (e.g.-Show: a dog which placed third in the Group would only be awarded 2 points and not an additional point for the BOB win.)
4) A dog will only be awarded this trophy once.
5) Extra points will be awarded for clearances as follows: (but it is not necessary for a dog to have any clearances in order to apply for this trophy)
Add one (1) extra point for each of the following clearances:
Eye, Hips, Elbows, Heart
Plus one (1) point for any DNA clearance(s), (maximum 1 point)
For a total of maximum five (5) points for clearances.